Sunday, February 17, 2008

Site Re-design (semi-complete)

So I stayed up all night... again. This time redesigning www.sethwilliampage.com. I found a super sweet site that provides free flash-based galleries. Check them out here. They work with Adobe Lightroom as well. Which makes things a snap.

No one ever said I was the bomb at web design. My stylings are now ultra retro... retro as in 1997... as in, HTML v2.0. It's never pretty when I take the reigns and attempt to change the world via Dreamweaver. Fortunately, my Adobe Photoshop CS3 skills are more pronounced than my Flash skills, and these days you can export slices, layers and links as .swf (flash) files. Cool.

And yet I still get the feeling this is a temporary fix.

I want, more than anything, to purchase a www.livebooks.com site, but it's costly, plus you MUST host with them, which is something I don't like the prospect of. I love my FTP and 40GBs of space through www.webhostingbuzz.com. Very much the win.

A fellow colleague of mine (and all around nice person), Kelly Rashka, who just so happens to be the great Sergio's latest protege , recommended I try www.bluedomain.com for a quick and easy professional solution to the website dilemma I've been having for the better part of 9 months now. Maybe when I get tired of my current design, I'll pony-up and hire a dedicated web developer to pwn all.

Man, I'm such a nerd.

-Sp

1 comment:

|| davidjay || said...

Rock on! Thanks for the awesome note! Blessings to you!